We made pretty Asian style hand fans for the Lunar New Year a few months back. They were such a big hit and so much fun to make that we wanted to make more for the spring and summer. I love these fans. They are simple to make and the kids will enjoy decorating them with their own designs. http://everfreecoloring.com
Paper plate fans for the spring and summer. These hand fans are a simple arts and craft project that is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and kids of all ages.
What you will need:
- Paper plate
- Acrylic or tempura paints
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Glue gun
- Cut a paper plate in half.
- My daughter wanted a bigger fan, so she only cut about 1/3 of her paper plate.
- Paint a spring or summer scene on your plate. Paint a rainbow, a cherry blossom, butterflies or any other design of your choosing.
- When you have finished painting your fan, set it aside to dry.
- While you wait for your plates to dry, grab two of the jumbo craft sticks. You can choose to paint them or leave them natural. If you paint them, make sure you let them dry completely.
- Glue the craft sticks into a wide “V” shape to form the fan’s handle.
- Glue the handle to the bottom of your painted fan. superman coloring pages
- Paper plate fans for the spring and summer. These hand fans are a simple arts and craft project that is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and kids of all ages.
It is as easy as that. Make a bunch with different spring or summer designs. These are perfect for a warm day. Just grab one and enjoy the breeze.